- Ready to feel fresh and standouts as you go about your day? Regular makeup should cover imperfections of the face skin, define your bone structure and highlights your beautiful eyes without making it look overdone or untrue. Applying some foundation and powder, light eye makeup and a nude lipsticks will give a natural polish appearance.
Prepping your face
Wash your face with clean water and soap before putting on makeup in the morning, wash your face so you will be able to start with a fresh canvas. Use a cleanser or simple splash water on your face give a few time to wash away any dirt particles or debris on your skin. Pat it dry gently with a soft towel.
I. Avoid washing your face with hot water. This will dry the skin and leave it prone to irritation. Lukewarm water is best when you are washing your face.
Ii. Don’t scrub your face dry. Cause this causes fragile face skin to loosen overtime.
2. Consider peeling off dead skin cell which is exfoliating; it not necessary to exfoliate everyday but doing so twice or thrice a week is important to keeping your skin looking fresh. Putting make up on over dehydrated flaky skin defeat the purpose.
Peel off dead skin cell using either a small facial brush, an exfoliating scrub, or another exfoliating tool designed for use on the face skin focus on area that’s tends to get dry and flaky.
- using a facemask from time to time is another better way to keep facial skin in good shape. Choose a clay mask, mostly used by the Indians, but note if you are using the natural clay mask method it is always Advisable to use it with chickpea powder, this does not only cleans the pores but also tighten and help pull off dry skin when you wash it away.
3. Apply a good moisturizer; the last step before applying make up is putting on some moisturizing lotion. This will help your makeup go smoothly and created a better finer looks. Choose a good face moisturizer that’s works with your skin type. Massage it gently all over your face.
Note: always allow the moisturizer be absorb by your face skin for a few minutes before applying makeup. Putting makeup on a wet or sticky skin will result in mess.
Applying a foundation that blend switch your skin tone
choose a foundation that matches your skin colour. Liquid foundation is an amazing choice for many skin types, mostly oil control foundation is better for an oily can also use tinted moisturizer or bb cream. In the cosmetic store, test your foundation to know if its matches your skin mostly on the jaw bone.
Note: don’t apply it on the back of tour hand cause the colour of the skin their is different from the skin on your face.
- Apply the foundation evenly over your face using a foundation brush, or your finger, make sure to smoothen it all over tour face.
- Stop putting extra layers of foundation over blemishes, it will only make them standout more.
- Even the foundation around the edge of tour face and where it meets the bottom of your chin.
2. Application of concealer
choose a concealer that mashes your skin tone or if you have dark under eye circles, go one shade lighter. Apply a light amount of concealer using either a concealer brush or your finger by dabbing it under your eye and gently blending it in. This will make your eye look sharp and bright instead of sleepy.
- If you are trying to pare down your makeup routine, you can skip the concealer, it all depends on which features you want to okay down and which you desire to highlight. Use a little extra concealer on blemishes if necessary ( making sure to use a colour that matches your skin tone).
3. Apply powder: choose a powder that’s goes with your skin colour. Use a powder brush to apply the powder on your face in a circular but evenly. This will give your face a natural looks and helps set your foundation so that its stays in place all day long.
- On days when you have more time to spend applying makeups, you can also apply bronzer and highlighter to contour your face. Bronzer helps to create flattering shadow while highlighter brighten areas you want to have pop.
4. Apply blush: choose a pink-tone blush that’s brings out the best in your face skin tone, swirl a blush brush in the container, smiles and apply it to the Apple of your cheek in a circular motion.
Applying eye makeup and lipsticks colour
Apply eye-shadow: choose a neutral shadow pallet for a simple everyday makeups e.g brown,gold,grey and blue colour are all good choice, depending on your eye colour. Avoid bright colours ” smokey eye” pallet and other bold jewel tones, as they will look out of place doing the day.
Here is how to apply eye-shadow to make it looks neutral and pretty
- Start by applying a base shadow in a colour close to your skin tone. Use either an eye-shadow brush or your finger to apply it to your lid and all the way up to your eye brow.
- Apply a medium dark colour to your lid, working your way from your eyelashes up to the crease.
- Use a fluffy brush to blend the colour at the crease
2. Apply eye liner: choose a charcoal, navy,or brown eyeliner to use during the day. save your black eyeliner for night time wears. apply it just above your eyelashes, taking care to make sire its foes on smooth and straight. Use tour eye shadow brush to blend it lightly so that the line looks less harsh.
- You can use a pencil liner or a liquid liner. Either one is great for day time use. you can also use a neutral dark eye shadow for a more natural look.
- If the line get smudged, use a cotton swab to gently remove it, then reapply.
- For an everyday looks don’t use liner on your lower lids.
3. Apply mascara: applying mascara on both your upper and lower lashes. Insert the brush at the base of your lashes and sweep outward. After you are finish with one eye, duo the brush in the bottle again before applying mascara to the other eye. Either black or brown mascara is fine for everyday wear.
- If you don’t like mascara just use an eyelashes curler to curl your lashes for a natural pretty looks
4. Apply lipsticks: use a pink or neutral coloured lipsticks or lip gloss to finish everyday looks. Avoid using heavy lip liner and bright bold colour during the day. Dab a tissue on your lip to remove excess lipsticks or gloss.
- If you want to make use of a bright colour, you can mute it for a daytime wear by applying it to your lower lip, rubbing your lip together to coat both of then in colour, then applying a clear gloss.